13 May Eddie Bauer to launch footwear on July 28
Eddie Bauer, known for its sportswear, outerwear, gear and accessories for the active outdoor lifestyle, is expanding into footwear. Set to debut in late July, the new Eddie Bauer footwear collection will launch with six men’s and seven women’s styles. All styles feature ergonomic, cushioned insoles and the lightest, strongest midsoles to absorb impact.
The collection debuts with the ultimate 24-hour adventure travel shoe, the Eddie Bauer Travex Full Circuit, available in both men’s and women’s styles. Weighing 11 ounces, the shoe integrates state-of-the-art materials and technologies, including:
- InsoFit Pro: An ergonomic polyurethane footbed stabilizing heel cup and superior forefoot support.
- MidLite Pro: A midsole using the lightest, strongest form of polyurethane available to ensure critical cushioning, reduce impact, and provide overall stability that lasts long after other midsoles break down.
- SportGrip Pro: Carbon rubber outsole with grippy tread excels in all terrain, including light trail use.
The collection will also feature two versions of streamlined, lightweight hikers for men and women – the Eddie Bauer Lukla and Lukla Pro. At 10 ounces, the Lukla is a streamlined trekker that reduces stride impact, especially critical when hiking on uneven ground with a pack, and features:
- InsoFit: An EVA footbed that delivers all-day support while reducing weight and bulk.
- MidLite: Premium EVA midsole to provide the lightest possible weight without sacrificing durability, support and comfort.
- MultiPitch Pro: Outsole with exclusive lug design using Vibram® XS Trek rubber compound – best in class for performance and durability.
The Lukla Pro features the same performance attributes and technologies as the Lukla, and includes Eddie Bauer’s exclusive WeatherEdge PRO, a 20k/20k waterproof/breathable membrane lining to help keep feet dry in extreme, wet conditions.
The fall 2014 assortment also includes an array of Travex styles including a chukka, oxford and slip-on styles for him and Mary Jane and ballet flats for her. This winter, the line will expand with a collection of performance boots and casual slippers for cold-weather months.
Eddie Bauer Footwear launches exclusive online and in stores on July 28.