17 Mar Tune into the Pulse of the Ports
Jitters in China. Weak U.S. retail sales. What can we expect this peak season?
The Port of Long Beach’s 12th annual Pulse of the Ports Peak Season Forecast breakfast is scheduled for Wednesday, March 30 from 7 to 10 a.m.. A well-regarded panel of industry leaders from across the supply chain will discuss their cargo forecast for trans-Pacific trade.
The first of these forecast events was held in 2004, in an economic environment similar to today — the ports had faced major congestion a year earlier, and there were mixed signals about what would happen next. The answer then and now is visibility. The Port of Long Beach believes in transparency end-to-end along the supply chain — that’s why we continue to hold this successful event every year. In one morning, you get the complete picture from a panel of speakers from every sector of the supply chain: importers, exporters, terminal operators, trucking, the railroads and warehousing.
Or, if you can’t make the breakfast, tune into the webcast at www.polb.com/pulseports beginning at 7:30 a.m., so you can view the presentations live or take a look at the archived video at your convenience.
This year’s speakers:
- Mario O. Moreno, Senior Economist, IHS Maritime & Trade (Economist / Forecaster)
- Lori S. Smith, Sourcing Lead, Ocean, CLS Regional Transportation Organization, Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. (Import BCO)
- Revis Stephenson, Senior Manager, Export Container Trade, Scoular Company (Export Shipper)
- Phillip Wright, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Total Terminals International (Marine Terminal Operator)
- Seana L. Fairchild, Senior Director, International Intermodal Sales, Union Pacific Railroad (Railroad)
- Vic La Rosa, CEO and President, Total Transportation Services, Inc. (Drayage)
- Fran Inman, Senior Vice President, Majestic Realty Company, member of the California Transportation Commission (Real Estate & California Transportation Policy)
At the end of the presentations, we will hold a Q&A session moderated by Phil Ramsdale, President, Transport Solutions LLC, Past President and current Officer of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals of Southern California. If you are viewing the webcast you may submit questions at email@example.com or via Twitter using hashtag #POLBpulse.
Please join us.