- Size. Labels must be a minimum of 1¾ by 2¾ inches (4.5 x 7 cm). SIZE REQUIREMENT REVOKED NOVEMBER 2014
- Durability. The label must be durable enough to remain on the fur until it is delivered to the consumer.
- Lettering. The required information must be no smaller than pica or 12 point type, with all parts of the information in letters of equal size and conspicuousness.
- Order. The required order of information on the label is:
- whether the fur is natural or pointed, bleached, or dyed
- if the product contains fur that has been sheared, plucked, or let-out (optional)
- the adjective form of the name of the country from which the animal originated (optional)
- name of the animal
- if the fur product is composed of pieces
- country of origin
- any other information that is required or permitted.
The name or RN of the manufacturer or dealer may precede or follow the above.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind:
- Shearling is considered fur
- Pony is considered fur
- The prior $150 exemption was eliminated
- Hangtags are acceptable
For additional information or tailored labeling consulting services, please contact FDRA directly at email@example.com.