Payless has been an active FDRA member for over 30 years, and we are excited to be able to connect with new employees so we can help you do your job easier, faster and more effectively. You have full and free access to all of FDRA’s reports, products and newsletters and services. We are here to help you, so please plug in and take advantage!
To better understand how you can get tools and resources you need, please take a look at 5 ways we can help you below. If you want to get deeper insights and recent examples of products and services by department, keep scrolling down.
Who is FDRA?
We are the footwear industry’s business and trade association. We serves the full footwear supply chain and deliver you innovative products, training and consulting on footwear design and development, sourcing and compliance, trade and customs, advocacy, and consumer and sales trend analysis for retailers selling shoes around the world. Basically, every department will find use and benefits. We also fight to lower your duty costs so you can sell more shoes to your customers at a lower cost to you and them.
Our job is to make your job easier. Here’s how:
To access all reports and documents in our newsletters and on FDRA’s Intel Center on FDRA.org, please register for a user name and password here: http://fdra.org/footwear-intel-center/
Design, Product Development and IP:
– Materials and innovation summit – over 100 designers, product development/materials professionals (from nearly 30 brands) attended our material summit last year, we expect an increase this year. Click here to see the type of speakers and topics we cover: http://conta.cc/2vIIvNv The 2018 Summit will again be at NC State in September.
– Footwear Design Summit: https://conta.cc/2LsdUHU
– Monthly Design and IP digest: http://conta.cc/2ksP1Av
– Monthly Material costs: http://fdra.org/footwear-materials-cost-report/
– Smart Shoe Series – over 2018 we will hold a number of seminars, webinars and some workshops on 3D design and development to a number of innovations impacting how we design, develop and produce shoes. An example: http://conta.cc/2GPOTUY
– Material Exchange Project – we are helping to build a digitial material database for brands…making it easier to select the right material and communicate with suppliers…cutting costs and man hours, while increasing certainty. See the Intro to ME video here.
– Rulings Booklet 2017: http://conta.cc/2jbCCAL
– Customs Report (monthly): http://conta.cc/2Et3OWR
– FTDC – annual traffic and customs conference where 200 supply chain and customs professionals network and learn: http://fdra.org/ftdc/
– Total footwear import and customs center – from classification of samples, to labeling requirements to
trade agreement info, its all here, free for members: https://www.footwearcustoms.com/
– Annual Customs Meeting: http://conta.cc/2ErBJ23
– quarterly updates: http://conta.cc/2ksNYkb
– FDRA’s Global Footwear Testing Guide (online): http://globalfootweartesting.com/
– Risk Management (chemical fail rate) report: http://files.constantcontact.com/569ca1a9001/a69dd886-61ae-463b-b526-0e6bfc4e7eeb.pdf
– Summit: http://conta.cc/2G9dHXB
Sourcing, Supply Chain and social compliance:
– Monthly newsletter: http://conta.cc/2kiJXg0
– Material costs: http://fdra.org/footwear-materials-cost-report/
– Import data by category: http://fdra.org/footwear-imports/
– Yearly Sourcing Report: http://fdra.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/FDRA-Footwear-Sourcing-Report-2017.pdf
– Factory Training online (FDRA provides members with a set of compliance courses for its compliance team and/or factories): https://store.elevateelearning.com/
– RFP/Code of Conduct: http://fdra.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Code-of-Conduct-Final-March-2015.pdf
– Annual Summit: http://conta.cc/2ueMs7o
– Quarterly update calls: http://conta.cc/2ksXynd
– Trade and Politics Newsletter: http://conta.cc/2EqwfVw
National Shoe Sales Data (each month): http://fdra.org/fdras-footwear-sales-analysis/
National Shoe Store Employment Data (each month): http://fdra.org/u-s-shoe-store-employment/
National Shoe Prices At Retail (each month): http://fdra.org/footwear-retail-price-monitor/
A visual look at our footwear industry: http://shoeconomy.us/
Continual learning and engagement – industry leaders talking to industry leaders: http://www.shoeinshow.com/