The continued safety of footwear is a top issue for FDRA and the entire footwear industry. FDRA is the industry’s leading association on product safety action and intelligence. It helps its members understand and adapt to the changing landscape of product safety standards and regulations through its comprehensive product safety program; an overview of this robust program is below.
Below you will also find upcoming events FDRA hosts to educate the industry on product safety issues, and key news and updates on regulatory issues impacting the industry. If you have questions about the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), California’s Proposition 65, Washington State’s Children’s Safe Product Act or any other footwear product safety issue, please contact us.
FDRA Comprehensive Product Safety Program
FDRA offers its members a wide array of services and products to help companies understand product safety regulations, as well as alerts to help them know when changes occur. Click here to learn more about how FDRA’s product safety program can help your company, including:
- Footwear Testing Expertise and Guidance
- FDRA Product Safety Working Group
- Product Safety Document Archive
- Product Safety Intelligence (Alerts & Bulletins)
- Product Safety Training
FDRA Product Safety Events (2016)
U.S. Footwear Forums in Portland (8/18) & Boston (9/13)
Key Product Safety Documents
- FDRA and TUV SUD’s 2014 Global Product Safety Guidebook (covering chemical and physical footwear tests)
- FDRA Member Memo: CPSC’s New Product Testing & Certification Program Regulations
Product Safety Resources