08 Jul 2014 marks 10th anniversary of Rack Room Shoes’ Models Wanted program
As part of its popular Models Wanted contest, Rack Room Shoes has featured customers – instead of professional models – in all of its seasonal advertisements over the past decade.
To celebrate the program’s 10th anniversary, the national shoe retailer is bringing back participating individuals and families from the last 10 years to return to the set as Rack Room Shoes models. The alumni will showcase stylish footwear for the retailer’s 2014 ad campaigns, which include athletic, spring, summer, back to school, fall and holiday.
How winners were selected
Rack Room Shoes reached out to former Models Wanted families and individuals last year through emails and social media posts and invited them to enter its “Models Wanted 2014: Anniversary Edition Contest” for the chance to be selected as models again. Fans on Rack Room Shoes’ Facebook page then voted for the families they’d like to see featured in stores, advertising inserts and on the website.
All Models Wanted participants receive five-star treatment, including professional hair and makeup and chauffer services at the photo shoot.
Families and individuals who will be returning for 2014 are now featured in a Facebook album and are included below.
- Bradford family of six – Hometown: Jamestown, N.C.; Previously featured in an athletic campaign.
- Dorsey family of five – Hometown: Coppell, Texas; Previously featured in a summer ad campaign.
- Fidelia family of six – Hometown: Fletcher, N.C.; Previously featured in a fall fashion ad campaign.
- Brothers Jayah and Cameran Gist – Hometown: Spartanburg, S.C.; Previously featured in a Back to School photo shoot.
- Brothers, Jaylon and Johnny Gordon – Hometown: Dallas, Ga.; Previously featured in Back to School ad campaign.
- Lin family – Hometown: Greensboro, N.C.; Previously featured in a holiday ad campaign.
- Sisters Valerie, Victoria and Vanessa Lopez – Hometown: Edinburg, Texas; Previously featured in a Back to School ad campaign.
- Katie Pomes – Hometown: Jefferson, La.; Previously featured in a Back to School ad campaign.
- Schepis family of four – Hometown: Helotes, Texas; Previously featured in a summer ad campaign.
- Sisters Cambron and Claire Stout –Hometown: Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Previously featured in a Back to School advertising campaign.
About the Models Wanted Contest experience
Rather than hiring professional models, Rack Room Shoes spotlights real people in all of its advertising and promotional efforts. The idea was formed by Director of Corporate Marketing for Rack Room Shoes, Jan Mauldin, and has been instrumental in leading the retailer’s focus on providing real shoes to real families.
“We’re proud of our consumer-centric culture at Rack Room Shoes, which is why we’ve continued to offer this unique opportunity for an entire decade,” said Mauldin. “We can’t wait to catch up with the families while on set and look forward to making new memories with them.”
About Rack Room Shoes
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Rack Room Shoes is the family footwear retailer of choice. Known as an innovator in the shoe industry for more than 90 years, Rack Room Shoes offers a wide selection of nationally recognized and private brands of great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual and athletic categories. For more information, visit Rack Room Shoes’ website at www.rackroomshoes.com.