14 Jul Amazon Prime Day Sales Up 50 Percent in US
Amazon said customer orders taken during second annual Prime Day July 12 surpassed Prime Day 2015 by more than 60 percent worldwide and more than 50 percent in the United States.
The company said Prime members savings more than doubled compared with a year earlier and that it would repeat the promotion.
“We want to thank our tens of millions of members around the world for making this the biggest day in the history of Amazon,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “After yesterday’s results, we’ll definitely be doing this again.”
Prime Day 2016 highlights globally:
- Sold over 2.5x more Amazon Fire TV devices compared to Prime Day last year – Fire TV Stick was the best-selling Amazon device.
- More than two million toys and more than one million pairs of shoes were purchased by customers on Prime Day 2016.
- Prime member orders on the Amazon app surpassed Prime Day 2015 mobile app orders by more than 2x.
- More than a million customers used the Amazon app for the first time on Prime Day to shop and to watch-a-deal.
In the United States, Prime members purchased over 24,000 Double Hammocks by Vivere.
Small businesses and sellers on Amazon offering deals to Prime members saw orders nearly triple year-over-year on Prime Day – both worldwide and in the United States, where Ritz Camera’s offer for the Nikon D3300 camera sold out within the first hour.
“We are absolutely thrilled,” said Brian Buccella, Vice President of Marketing at Segway. “Gaining access to millions of Prime members on Prime Day was a huge win for us.”
In the United States, Prime membership includes:
- unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items across all categories;
- unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 27 metro areas;
- one and two-hour delivery with Prime Now on tens of thousands of items available in more than 25 metro areas;
- unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, more than one million songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with Prime Music;
- early access to select Lightning Deals all year long;
- free secure unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos; and
- one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First.