04 Jan Amazon’s Top Sellers Include Fitness, Outdoor and Athletic Brands
Fitbit, Columbia, Hydro Flask and Spalding were among the many names landing on Amazon’s list of top sellers for the holiday season. Overall, the online giant noted that over 200 million more items shipped for free with Prime this holiday season.
During the holiday season, Amazon.com customers purchased enough:
- running shoes to give every participant of the New York, Chicago, and Boston marathon three pairs of shoes – one for each race.
- women’s boots to reach the orbit of the International Space Station if stacked on top of each other;
- flashlights to satisfactorily light eight collegiate football fields in accordance with NCAA standards;
- HotHands Hand Warmers for more than eight million hours of hand warming;
Amazon’s best selling items included:
- Outdoors: Hydro Flask Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle; Razor A Kick Scooter; Intex Airbeds
- Sports: Spalding NBA Street Basketball; Wilson F1415 NFL MVP Football (Official Size); Level Terrain FlipBelt Waist Pouch
- Women’s Fashion & Accessories: Columbia Women’s Benton Springs Full-Zip Fleece Jacket; BOBS from Skechers Women’s Keepsakes Delight Slipper; Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Cross-Body Bag
Amazon said more than three million members worldwide joined Prime during the third week of December. Prime Now has busiest day ever on Christmas Eve – last order delivered at 11:59 p.m. to a customer in San Antonio. Other Amazon Prime highlights included:
- Record number of units shipped worldwide with Amazon Prime.
- More than three million customers joined Prime in the third week of December.
- Record number of movies watched on Prime Video in 2015.
- Prime members made The Man in the High Castle the most watched TV season on Prime Video by 4.5x.
- This holiday, Prime members doubled their viewing hours of Prime Video titles, compared to 2014.
- Prime members shopped more than 30,000 Lightning Deals on Amazon.com with Prime Early Access.
- Christmas Eve was the biggest day ever for Prime Now deliveries.
- Amazon devices including the all-new Fire tablet, Amazon Echo and Fire TV Stick made up three of the top five items ordered on Christmas Eve through Prime Now.
- Some of the most popular Prime Now best sellers during the holidays were Simply Orange Juice, Bounty Paper Towels and Haribo Gold-Bears.
- A record number of songs were streamed with Prime Music this holiday season—worldwide Prime Music plays set an all-time record increasing more than 350 percent compared to 2014.
- Prime members shopping via mobile more than doubled this holiday in the US.
- Members worldwide uploaded more than a billion photos for free with Prime Photos this holiday.
- Kindle Paperwhite, Cards Against Humanity and Fitbit Charge were the most popular items ordered with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery this holiday.
- Amazon shipped to 185 countries this holiday.
- The last Prime Now order delivered in-time for Christmas was delivered at 11:59 p.m. on Christmas Eve to a customer in San Antonio, Texas. The order included Blue Buffalo Dog Treats, an Amazon.com Gift Card, the all-new Fire tablet, Fruitables Dog Treats, LEGO Star Wars Death Star Final Duel Building Kit, Moleskine Classic Notebook and Stove Top Stuffing Mix.
- The last Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery order from Amazon.com that was delivered in time for Christmas was ordered at 9:58 a.m. on December 24, 2015. The order included Bluetooth Headphones, and was delivered in Phoenix by 2:59 p.m. – the same day.
- Nearly 70 percent of Amazon.com customers shopped using a mobile device this holiday.
- On Cyber Monday, Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 33 electronics products per second from a mobile device.
- Amazon.com customers shopping on the mobile app more than doubled this holiday.
- Customers shopping at smile.amazon.com have generated tens of millions of dollars for their favorite charities since the program was launched.
- So far, over 100,000 organizations have received donations from AmazonSmile. One of those charities, Pencils of Promise, used AmazonSmile donations to build a school in Ghana for preschool and primary aged students.