13 May DSW To Implement Store Safety Measures
DSW announced it will implement sterilization procedures and safety measures as it starts to re-open almost 200 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
One example includes any shoe returns or shoes that have been tried on will be taken off of the sales floor to the back where they will be sprayed with disinfectant and kept off of the sales floor for three days. Another “contact-free” shopping, senior hours, and sanitation stations.
In addition to being able to shop in-store, customers can still take advantage of curbside services.
There are also several new procedures in-store, including “contact-free” shopping by limiting transactions to credit, debit or gift cards only, designating special shopping hours for senior citizens and other at-risk customers, and designating merchandise try-on areas. Other initiatives in place include:
- Providing ongoing training for associates regarding store cleanliness and customer interaction;
- Monitoring associates’ temperature as they arrive for work;
- Posting associates at store entrances to monitor customer entry and exit to minimize traffic in stores;
- Installing sanitation stations at the front of the stores, including hand sanitizer and gloves for customers;
- Posting storewide reminders to remain six feet from others and directional signage limiting traffic flow within the aisles to one way;
- Adding health shields at registers and wiping down between customer interactions at registers; and
- Implementing a process for sanitizing merchandise, and a separate protocol for sanitizing returned merchandise.
More information is available here.