29 Mar Gemini Shippers Group Launches New Partnership with FDRA
Gemini Shippers and FDRA have launched a strategic partnership which offers FDRA members the full range of benefits of membership in Gemini Shippers Group.
Footwear importers continue to face significant challenges associated with the movement of cargo from overseas factories to the US market, driven by the underlying poor health of the ocean liner industry, and the evolving trend of industry consolidation and carrier alliance restructuring. Today, shippers face constant challenges working with their ocean carrier partners to secure the required space and price options to bring their product to market on time and within budget.
To aid FDRA members in this effort, FDRA and Gemini Shippers Group have formed an alliance. Gemini Shippers Group, one of the largest shippers associations in the United States, offers member companies access to competitive global ocean freight contracts, and long term rates and space allocations by signing global contracts with a wide variety of top tier ocean carriers.
Working with its 200 plus member companies, Gemini Shippers Group helps companies to navigate the complex world of ocean shipping procurement offering members the very competitive stable pricing of a very large BCO with the flexibility of an NVOCC. Relying on strong carrier relationships and the cumulative volumes of the member companies, Gemini is able to offer highly competitive ocean freight rates on the carrier partner of your choice, without an MQC commitment. Shippers can mitigate their contracting risk working through Gemini’s year long, staggered expiration, fixed rate contracts and a host of benefits including:
- No Fee to Join
- No MQC volume commitment
- Over 15 carrier partners to choose from
- Unlike an NVOCC, shipments move on the carriers Bill of Lading for visibility at origin and destination, maintaining complete control and visibility of their carriers and shipments
- Direct carrier sales representation
- Representation in China to assist origin offices and forwarders
- Forwarder and Broker neutral
- Access to Gemini IT portal with track and trace, rate database and analytics dashboard
- All Bills of Lading are audited for rate accuracy
- We advocate on behalf of the member, and consult on all aspects of their logistics needs
Gemini Shippers Group is excited to enter into this strategic partnership with the FDRA and to work with its members on their shipping and transportation needs. To find out more about joining Gemini Shippers Group, FDRA members are asked to contact:
For more information on Gemini Shippers Group please visit our website www.geminishippers.com