18 Nov Gore Unveils New Brand Architecture
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) publicly announced it is restructuring its brands for Fall 2016 in a bid to help consumers distinguish between the product benefits of Gore-Tex, Windstopper and upcoming Gore Thermium products.
The new brand names will also make it easier for consumers to choose their ideal weather protective clothing. Future affiliated brands will therefore benefit from the strength of Gore’s driving force – as it will be featured throughout the new and restructured brand architecture. The new brand nomenclature was reported last month by The B.O.S.S. Report.
By introducing innovative new product technologies, Gore is widening its brand architecture and strengthening the new and well-known brands through the new umbrella brand – Gore will be included in the name of all individual brands. The innovative power of Gore has already been part of the “Gore-Tex” brand name for decades. Now it will also be included in Gore Windstopper and Gore Thermium brands. Both product technologies stand for sophisticated functionalities with dedicated benefits for the consumer.
- Gore-Tex – Durably Waterproof and Breathable: The famous durably windproof, waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex garments (in the three categories Gore-Tex Products, Gore-Tex Pro products and Gore-Tex Active products) will remain unchanged with the same names. The “Gore-Tex Guaranteed to keep you dry” brand promise is still valid for all Gore-Tex products. This makes Gore the only ingredient brand in the outdoor market that guarantees the long-term quality and functionality of its products, even for the end consumer. The font-type of the Gore-Tex logo will, however, be adapted to the new Gore branded products font-type.
- Gore Windstopper – Total Windproofness and Maximum Breathability: Gore is introducing new and exciting changes in the windproof laminate category: The well known Windstopper products will become Gore Windstopper products. Gore is also presenting two completely new product technologies with windproof membranes which offer additional functionalities according to their end use and thus provide added value in weather protection.
- Gore Windstopper products with light rain resistance. With additional, durable protection from light rain, these new laminates widen the area of function of traditional softshells.
- Gore Windstopper products with insulation protection protect from wind and cold. This product technology enables the production of lightly insulated, windproof clothing, exactly as it’s required for aerobic exercise at low temperatures.
- Gore Thermium – Start Warm. Stay Warm. With Protected Insulation: Gore Thermium products make use of a completely new technology, which will be used by brands such as Arc’teryx, Black Diamond, Montura, Mountain Equipment, Odlo, Salewa, Sportful, Tierra and many more for 2016. With insulation, durable windproof fabric and light rain resistance, Gore Thermium garments are based on a new laminate technology, which keeps the garment insulation protected (whether down, synthetic fiber or wool) from light rain and snow showers, while allowing moisture vapor to escape, thus maintaining the insulation performance.
The new brand architecture gives brand partners and consumers alike classification and delimitation of the various technologies. The Gore brand family has the perfect product for every end use and weather protection need – be it expedition, hiking, skiing, urban, everyday, summer, winter etc.
Gore is a technology-driven company focused on discovery and product innovation. Well known for waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex fabric, the company’s portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics.
Headquartered in the United States, Gore posts annual sales of more than $3 billion and employs more than 10,000 associates with manufacturing facilities in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan and China, and sales offices around the world. In Europe, Gore started its first business operations only a few years after the Enterprise’s founding in 1958. Gore now has locations – sales offices as well as production facilities – in the key European countries dedicated to serving the markets of all of Gore’s product divisions.