13 Mar Job Posting Announcement: RG Barry National Account Manager – Walmart
RG Barry Brands, one of North America’s leading developers and marketers of accessories products that provide fashion and function for a great life is seeking a National Account Manager to oversee the direction and management of its footwear business with its largest customer, Walmart Stores, Inc.
As National Account Manager – Walmart, you will develop, implement and execute strategic plans for this portion of our footwear business. You will be directly responsible for the profitable attainment of our annual operating plan, including top line sales growth, forecasting, inventory management, and relationship building with this key customer.
This position, based in Bentonville, AR or Columbus, OH, reports to our Vice President, Sales – Footwear, and will:
• Secure, cultivate and maintain credible and trusting partnerships with Walmart by building relationships at all levels of Walmart management.
• Act as the key conduit between RG Barry Brands and Walmart; and effectively communicate topical issues to senior management both as needed and supplemented by a disciplined periodic executive summary model.
• Develop and implement comprehensive programs for Walmart account including the effective sell-in, and placement of both seasonal and annual merchandising programs.
• Maximize sales and profit growth through the development of effective merchandising plans; and manage the P&L for the Walmart account.
• Provides direction on product assortment, account needs, promotional and marketing opportunities and POS presentation based on account knowledge, competitive challenges and strategic share growth opportunities.
• Work with internal Team to analyze market conditions and trends and provide fact-based data to support recommendations made to Walmart to enhance our partnership and deliver category leading value-add services.
• Work with the internal Team to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of sell-through information against seasonal and annual sales plans and to make recommendations for corrective actions to ensure maximum sales exposure.
• Provide monthly forecast on both annual and seasonal programs through the continuous monitoring of retail stock levels to retail selling trends. Ensure inventory flow is managed optimally to drive retail sell through results while also maximizing RGB turns and inventory productivity.
• Develop and effectively manage expense budget including all necessary and anticipated account expenses as well as individual travel and entertainment requirements.
Specific requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of 8+ years of selling experience in consumer goods; experience working with Walmart specifically is required.
• Experience in soft lines, accessories, hosiery, or apparel is required.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills a must.
• Strong retail math skills and analysis a must.
• Willingness to travel frequently.
• Assertive, pro-active style with a sense of urgency and an ability to work well on your own are required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – required.
RG Barry Brands operates in an exhilarating, high-performing team environment that is also casual and fun. If you are looking for an amazing career challenge with a growing organization that strives for excellence in all things; encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk taking; cares about and is involved in the community; and acts only with the highest of ethical standards, we’re waiting to hear from you.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For consideration, please send your resume with salary requirements to:
Equal Opportunity Employer