11 Nov Nike To Open Mega-Store In Lower Manhattan
Nike on Friday, November 11 will open a five-story, multi-sport category, 55,000-square-foot retail experience in New York City’s Soho neighborhood.
The store, located at 529 Broadway at Spring Street, is designed to “deliver the best of Nike’s personalized services,” including exclusive trial spaces, product customization and access to digital platforms.
“We’re leading the transformation of sport retail — offering the best of Nike products, services and experiences under one roof,” said Heidi O’Neill, Nike’s president of global direct to consumer. “With Nike Soho we can realize the promise of personalized performance. Powered by immersive digital trials and in-store experts, this store is about elevating every athlete’s potential. Whether you’re training for a marathon, shooting hoops or doing drills on our in-store court, or if you love sneakers, Nike Soho will help you raise your game. Because it’s more than a store — it’s a personal sport experience.
The store features:
- Nike+ Basketball Trial Zone: On the fifth floor, the Nike+ Basketball Trial Zone spans nearly an entire half court, with an adjustable hoop and 23-foot ceilings. Consumers are able to shoot hoops, test basketball shoes and do custom drills with the guidance of in-store certified store athletes. Surrounded by high-definition screens, the Trial Zone immerses consumers in the sights and sounds of iconic New York basketball courts, Dyckman Park in Washington Heights and Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Nike+ Running Trial Zone: Located on the first floor for women and the third floor for men, the Trial Zone allows consumers to test out shoes on a treadmill. Through 90-second run segments, with screen options for Central Park and the West Side Highway, the consumer experiences Nike+ Run Club with Nike Pacers and real-time, on-screen feedback via two cameras.
- Nike+ Soccer Trial Zone: Located on the third floor, the Nike+ Soccer Trial Zone is a 400-square-foot boot trial area with a synthetic turf field floor. Consumers can trial Nike soccer cleats and receive one-on-one guidance from in-store certified trial athletes on product features and benefits.
- Apple Watch Nike+: The Apple Watch Nike+ will also be sold on the store’s third floor, offering unrivaled motivation to go for a run, adaptable coaching plans and progress and guidance from coaches and athletes.
- Nike+ Snkrs Experience: The largest dual-gender footwear wall in any Nike store worldwide is on the second floor. At 54 feet wide, it has the largest in-season collection of Nike Air Force 1s.
- Nike Soho Jordan Product: Nike Soho also offers the latest in Jordan product on the fifth floor, including the Jordan XXXI and restocks of iconic silhouettes like the Air Jordan I.