29 Jan PGA Merchandise Show Draws Nearly 40,000 Attendees
The 67th PGA Merchandise Show came to a close January, 24 in Orlando, FL as it welcomed nearly 40,000 golf industry professionals from all 50 U.S. states and 80 countries. More than 1,000 golf companies and brands exhibited including more than 250 companies new to the show.
Among the other highlights:
- More than 7,800 PGA Professionals attended—an increase of five percent over 2019;
- The Top 5 countries (outside the U.S.) were represented by Canada, the United Kingdom, Korea, Japan, and China. The Top 5 U.S. States were by Florida, California, New York, Georgia, and North Carolina;
- Major hard lines launched at the show included Titleist’s T400 irons and TS1 driver; Cobra’s Speedzone woods and irons, Callaway’s MAVRIK driver, PING’s G710 irons, Mizuno’s ST200 metalwoods, XXIO’s Eleven drivers; Bridgestone’s Tour B golf balls and Tour Edge’s EXS 220 line;
- The show’s apparel exhibitors included Adidas Golf, AHEAD, Antigua, Bobby Jones, Callaway Apparel, Cutter & Buck, Dunning, FootJoy, Greg Norman Collection, Greyson, Levelwear, Oakley, Peter Millar, Ralph Lauren, Puma Golf, Summit Brands (B. Draddy, Fairway & Greene, EP NY, and Zero Restriction), Tory Sport, Travis Mathew, Under Armour, and Vineyard Vines; and
- Golf cars, simulators, GPS technology, and gear accessories were abundant in the Facility Solutions Hall. Brands participating included Bushnell Golf, Club Car, Dynamic Brands, Easy Picker Golf Products, E-Z-Go, Foresight Golf, Full Swing, Garmin, Golf Buddy, Golfzon, Prestwick Golf Group, Range Servant America, SkyGolf, Tagmarshal, Toptracer, Wittek Golf Supply, and Yamaha.
“The 67th PGA Merchandise Show kicked off 2020 with an exciting showcase of the latest golf innovations and merchandising strategies for the year ahead,” said PGA Merchandise Show Event Vice President Marc Simon. “In addition to making important purchase decisions for the new season, PGA professionals and buyers connected face-to-face to foster business relationships that will help to grow the business of the game moving forward.”
“The PGA Merchandise Show brings the global golf industry together each year to drive forward our careers, our businesses and the health of the sport,” said PGA President Suzy Whaley, PGA. “We thrive off the energy here at the PGA Show as we collectively learn about golf’s newest innovations, share best practices and connect as a community in the game.”
The Product Zone winning products were:
- CoolNES – A two-in-one neck and face mask that prevents sun damage.
- Tour Striker Inc. – Provides coaches and players with instruction and training aids.
- WizPak Golf – A luxury golf bag with sound.
The Inventor’s Spotlight winning products were:
- Logan Golf Ltd received the Pinnacle Award, Best in Show
- Kymira Golf received Best Marketing Effort for its InfraRed technology
- Safetee received the Most Innovative Concept for golf caps with a protective layer
The Top Buyers Choice winners were:
- Duke Cannon for grooming goods
- VimHue for caps engineered by women, for women
Additional details on the show are available here.