19 Oct Straight to the Source: Why Shippers Struggle to Link Sourcing and Global Trade
Thursday, October 19, 2017, 2PM EDT
Most global shippers struggle to link sourcing to downstream compliance and logistics activities. Recent research by American Shipper shows this to be the case.
The disconnect is between where a product is made and how that product arrives at its final destination run deep: shippers use most FTAs sparingly, they don’t manage sourcing and logistics on a single platform, and they don’t share data with suppliers.
American Shipper and Amber Road will explore this divide in a one-hour webinar, Straight to the Source: Why Shippers Struggle to Link Sourcing and Global Trade, diving deeper into a recent white paper on where sourcing and global trade management tend to break down. Don’t miss this chance to get smarter about the undeniable links between sourcing and global trade.
Highlights will include:
- Why sourcing decisions tend to be handled in isolation from compliance and logistics
- How companies decide on where they source and how many suppliers they use
- Ways to better leverage FTAs through informed sourcing strategies
- How technology can bring siloed decision-makers together
Expert panelists include:
- Gary Barraco, Director of Global Product Marketing, Amber Road
- Eric Johnson, Research Director, American Shipper