28 Jan Two Ten Footwear Foundation Earns Charity Recognition
Two Ten Footwear Foundation, the national charitable foundation serving the footwear industry, announced that it has again earned a coveted 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s leading independent charity evaluator.
“We are proud to announce that Two Ten Footwear Foundation has earned our second consecutive 4-star rating,” said Ken Berger, president and CEO, Charity Navigator. “Two Ten’s supporters should feel very confident that their hard-earned dollars are being used efficiently and responsibly.”
“This recognition truly differentiates Two Ten as a top-performing charitable nonprofit. Our 4-star rating is a testament to the commitment of the Foundation’s staff and Board to be fully accountable, transparent and focused on effective impacts and stewardship of our donor’s funds,” said Neal Newman, president of Two Ten Footwear Foundation.
Two Ten 2014 Highlights
Over the past year, Two Ten has impacted the footwear community by:
- Distributing $1.5 million to footwear families in crisis.
- Awarding $800,000 in higher education and professional development scholarships to 322 members of the footwear community.
- Providing counseling and referrals to local community resources for additional assistance.
- Uniting 100 footwear companies and over 6,500 footwear volunteers across the country in an industry‐wide community service program called Footwear Cares®, sponsored by Amazon Fashion, helping local charities serving families and communities.
- Launching the National Shoe Travelers (NST) Scholarship Fund, an endowed scholarship fund earmarked for NST members, their children and their grandchildren.
- Hosting networking and development opportunities to thousands working within footwear through career affinity group meet‐ups, conferences, mentoring programs and special events.
About Charity Navigator
Founded in 2001, Charity Navigator has become the nation’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities. To help guide intelligent giving, Charity Navigator’s team of professional analysts has examined tens of thousands of non-profit financial documents. This knowledge is used to develop an unbiased, objective, numbers-based rating system to assess over 7,000 of America’s charities. For more information, visit http://www.charitynavigator.org.
About Two Ten Footwear Foundation
Two Ten brings shoepeople together to help each other during crisis and support each other as a community. We are committed to providing emergency financial assistance, scholarships, counseling, services and community building programs that upholds our 75 year legacy of changing lives. Visit http://www.twoten.org for more information.