15 Sep Zappos Lauches Murals Inspired By Its Core Values
Zappos.com and non-profit Beautify Earth teamed up to create a wave of murals across the country, sourcing local artists to interpret the 10 core values of Zappos into their artwork.
Murals are being created on buildings in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Miami, Chicago, Austin, San Diego, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Each of the murals will embody one of the Zappos 10 core values. Los Angeles had two murals painted, and a special hometown mural will be created in Las Vegas by the local Zappos team that ties together all of the core values.
Images and information about the project can be seen here.
The multi-city mural project is part of a larger mission at Zappos. The Downtown Project was created to restore the culture and well-being of downtown Las Vegas. Zappos said it believes bringing beauty to communities is a crucial element in creating a culture that values the arts, and ultimately a more beautiful world. Beautify Earth projects help to improve local economies, inspire walking cities and increase community participation. Together Zappos and Beautify Earth believe they can help communities create cost effective paths to become more accessible, lively, inspiring and culturally stimulating.
The 10 core values of Zappos, which help to define their culture, along with the city location and respective artist, are below:
- Deliver Wow Through Service – (Miami, Artist Angelino)
- Embrace and Drive Change – (Baltimore, Artist Cory Stowers)
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness – (Austin, Artist Jade DMZL)
- Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-Minded – Mural #1 (Los Angeles, Artist David Gilmore)
- Mural #2 (Los Angeles, Artists Ruben Rojas and Sel)
- Pursue Growth and Learning – (San Francisco, Artist Amanda Lynn)
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication – (Boston, Artist Zach Nolin)
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit – (Philadelphia, Artist Chroma Dolls)
- Do More With Less – (Chicago, Artist Matthew Hoffman)
- Be Passionate and Determined – (New York, Artist Gaia)
- Be Humble – (San Diego, Artist Trek Kelly)
The murals were painted from May through August, with the official reveal of all the murals on September 14, 2016. Each artist was hand selected as a humble, up-and-coming creative that represents the best of his or her city.
Zappos.com is a subsidiary of Amazon.com.
Beautify Earth (BE) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission of eliminating urban blight, by “painting the world in color.”